G??g,
I'm still leaning with St?ven here. I don't know if _you_ read all the posts
or are just reacting to a post in particular. As far as sentiment goes, when
H??k wrote this:

"I hope everyone on this list already knows that all H????????s products
are made in the USA. Back when I was employed at Fortune 500 companies
inventing and engineering new products, I was deeply involved in offshore
sourcing. I learned the hard way about all the things that can happen due
to long distances and cultural differences."

I, for one, thought it 'sounded' haughty and condescending. To me,
he's describing his corporate life prior to entering the lug business 20 plus
years ago and, in essence, saying that the same rules/terms applied since
then. There certainly may have been an era when Made-in-USA carried the
meaning and cache that he alludes to. Perhaps in some industries it is still
true. And perhaps in some casting industries it is still true too! But I think
it's irrational to assume that the problems he faced working in Fortune 500
companies prior to decide to become a lug caster would be ever present
once he switched careers. In short, I cannot conceive that that are or were
better resources that existed when Microfusione Italiana, Hitachi, Everest,
LongShen, (and others...) are or were making cast pieces for the frame-
building industry. If any existed, I'm unaware of them.
I have been importing cast pieces from the Orient since 1981. Except for
dropouts, all my lugs and crowns and more recently, those that are made
for me using my molds, came/come from the Orient. My experience dealing
with Asian sources for bicycle related goods does not match those of H??k's,
whose words I once again paste:
"...offshore sourcing - where- he learned the hard way about all the
things that can happen due to long distances and cultural differences."

e-RICHIE